I found this meme over at Beyond the Fairway and thought it would be a good post for the night before Thanksgiving.
To participate, just copy and paste in your own blog, and bold or color (mine are in red) all of the things you have done. Happy discoveries!
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched lightening at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Ridden an elephant
While some of these experiences are more positive than others, all of our experiences contribute to our lives in some way. Some experiences are just glorious - others teach us a lesson (for instance, bouncing checks is expensive...or you shouldn't eat warm cole slaw...). But they all make us what we are today.
So, for Thanksgiving, let's give thanks for all of our experiences, as well as for our family and friends. And of course I thank Google Blogger (and the other blogging software programs!) for allowing me to get to know all of you!
Enjoy your turkey (or your vegan or vegetarian meal of choice) tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Thank you for sharing. I am definitely stealing this for my blog too. Happy Thanksgiving!
Very cool, Maui!
I hope you and the DH have a great Thanksgiving!
Looks like fun, fellow girl scout! I wish you & yours a very Happy T-Day!
I wish you a wonderful thanksgiving. You are one of the gifts of blogging - truly a delightful blog and no doubt you are a most wonderful person. I can't wait to meet you one of these days.
This is so going on my blog later or tomorrow!
You've ridden an elephant?
Very cool. You always surprise me.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. So much to be grateful for this year.
Anymore, of we have our health and a roof over our head, I feel lucky. So many don't even have that much.
to a terrific person
happy holidays,,,,, and may next year be a good one for all of us
and i am gonna steal this as well
Thanks so much everyone! I am grateful for so much this year!
Christopher, it was at the Sussex County (NJ) State Fair that I rode the elephant. They had a camel too but I chose the elephant!
OKay... yours is the fifth blog I've seen this on and I have to try it. Hope you had a lovely holiday.
Thanks, Spartacus, you too!
Thanks for this. Of course I used it on lifearound60. The cool thing about stuff like this is that it makes you realize how much you have really experienced.
You know what's cool? Diversity. I looked at that list and I've done many of the same things you've done. But even if the list was 10,000 items long and you and I both did every single one of them we are still so different from each other that nobody would ever mistake us for the same person or having the same personality... you know?
Extend it further. What if we had a list of experiences we've had while growing up, straight through to where we are now. Say we had 6,000,000 things on that list. Say you and I had all 6,000,000 alike. We would still be completely different persons with different likes and dislikes... wholly different personalities. We might even despise each other! Not that we do - just saying ;P
That's cool to think about. As much as we think we're in sync with the world and the people around us - we're not. We connect on a few important things - and there are really few things we share or are in total agreement about. That's it - a few compared to the millions of things we've experienced and like and dislike.
Oh well - that's what I'm thinking about this Sunday a.m. :)
Thanks for leaving a note on my blog - it brought me back here to see what you've been up to! Best of life! - Vern
Sprinter - DarKz (170BPM)
calvin klein outlet
yeezy boost 350
nike air max
Post a Comment