Friday, November 16, 2007

The Road

It beckons to me. It is calling me. In fact, I must get on it. Because we are going to a Bat Mitzvah in Andover, Massachusetts, for the daughter of a very good friend of mine from college. Then we are spending two nights in Boston, just for the heck of it!

I am bringing my laptop so am not giving up on NaBloPoMo, but don't expect any deeply insightful posts on the political situation or the meaning of life.

However, I'll let you know if our favorite Italian restaurant (The Daily Catch) in the North End is as good as ever! And I'll tell you whether there is a good Irish band playing at The Black Rose. There usually is!

So on that note, I'm out of here!

Today's Haiku:

On the road again
Heading up Andover way
To see my good friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bat Mitzvahs are the best. Girls at that age usually have exquisite singing voices. The boys? Erm, not so much :)

Mauigirl said...

And this is their second Bat Mitzvah - their older daughter's was 3-1/3 years ago. I was remarking to my husband that it can get expensive having two daughters - two Bat Mitzvahs, two weddings!

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"However, I'll let you know if our favorite Italian restaurant (The Daily Catch) in the North End is as good as ever! And I'll tell you whether there is a good Irish band playing at The Black Rose. There usually is!"
As long as you cover the important things in life, you will be excused.:)

Mary Ellen said...

I went to Boston with my husband a few years back and loved it. Lots of great restaurants and plenty to see.

Yeah..two daughters can be expensive...I have three, and they're killing me!

Have a great time!