Monday, May 25, 2009

Haiku Monday

Memorial Day
Was when I had planned to blog
On all kinds of things

I'd done other chores
For the first couple of days
So Monday was it!

Before I started
I had to plant some flowers
And do some more wash.

Time was flying by
But I knew I'd be blogging
In an hour or two.

But then the phone rang
My friend said "let's barbecue!
How 'bout 5 o'clock?"

So much for blogging;
It was too lovely a day
To waste with deep thought.

So friends all arrived
The mood was convivial;
We ate, drank and talked!

Before I knew it
It was eleven o'clock
And it's time for bed.

Yet another day
Has passed without a new post;
Bad Blogger am I!

Hope everyone else
Had as good a day as this!
Best wishes to all!

2 comments:

Life As I Know It Now said...

very skilled you are. hey, I can't blame you for enjoying your day rather than blogging.

Tom Harper said...

I don't know how to do Haiku, so Happy (belated) Memorial Day.

I also took a few days away from the computer. When the weather's nice, who wants to sit inside and stare at the Blogger menu?