Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Belated thanks for a lovely award!
D.K. Raed of Redheaded Wisdom bestowed the "Arte y Pico" award on me a couple of weeks ago, so I wanted to thank her for the honor and pass it along to some other deserving bloggers!
This award, which originated in Spain, is given to bloggers who inspire others with their creative energy and talents no matter whether it be in the form of writing, artwork, design, interesting material, or contributions to the blogger community. When a blogger receives this award, it is considered a special honor and, once presented to you, it is to be passed on to 5 other bloggers who meet the criteria. So first, let me thank D.K. Raed for the honor, and now go into the rules of the award:
These are the rules for keeping the nominations going forward. The newest recipient must:
1) Do a post naming 5 blogs for this award with a link to each blog;
2) Notify each blog you awarded by leaving them a comment;
3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award;
4) The award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the original link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award; and,
5) Do a blog post showing these rules.
So far I think I've done everything except list the 5 new awardees. So here goes - since many of the blogs I read have already received this award, I am going to concentrate on some blogs that focus on poetry, writing, art or photography, since this is a kind of unusual award and I thought I'd branch out a bit in spreading the link love. So here are my five:
1) Odessa over at Freefalling Me blogs about her life in San Francisco, and posts lovely pictures, and poetry in an eclectic mix that is always engaging.
2) Ruth at Ruth's Visions and Revisions. Ruth writes about her experiences and reflects on them with a wider vision - seeing the parables that occur in our daily lives. She also posts lovely pictures and is a gardener, sharing her life with her readers.
3) CR over at Little Bang Theory. Fantastic photography and commentary mixed with an occasional dash of politics.
4) Two Crows and Mary Ellen over at All That Is. Two Crows has been posting for quite awhile now on the progression of the soul via reincarnation. If you have an interest in this philosophy, check it out - it's fascinating. Mary Ellen also has some great posts on the Catholic Church. Go, read, think...
5) Randal over at L'ennui Melodieux for his great blog full of satirical, astute commentary and great pictures.
So that's it - congratulations to the deserving awardees!
Update: I just noticed Randal already has this award on his sidebar - what the heck, so I've awarded him again! He's worth awarding twice!