Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Back to work...

I can't believe I'm here at work. It is inconceivable that I am not still at home lazing around doing nothing. However, I am at work lazing around and doing nothing so that is the next best thing.

I have to say I really did have a stress-less Christmas despite having 13 people over for dinner. It was my mom and aunt, my husband's parents, and the rest were all of our good friends (including our friends' two kids, who are great kids that I actually enjoy seeing and talking to).

I made a boneless rib roast of beef, plain ol' green beans and carrots, mashed potatoes (the easy kind, the redskinned potatoes that you don't peel and you just mash 'em all up and leave them lumpy, which is apparently the latest trend at the restaurants I've been to). It all turned out great, we borrowed an extra table and chairs to seat everybody, and a good time was had by all.

My friend's daughter and I had put up my collection of trolls, which festoon the piano and all available surfaces of the living room every year, the previous weekend, so they were all there looking festive. People keep giving me more of them and now I have about 150! And, I hate to confess, they all have names. And the scary thing is I remember most of their names without looking on my cheat sheet!

I do admit the Christmas tree, which was sitting in that bucket two weeks ago when I wrote the last entry, sat in said bucket until the Saturday before Christmas, because we had to finish painting the walls of the alcove it was going to sit in before putting it up. But at least it was up a whole two days before the Big Day and it was still very fresh since it had been sitting in water and drinking the whole time.

So, here we are in Holiday Limbo, those few days between Christmas and New Year's. It's too soon to really concentrate on my job so I am not doing too much of that. We still have a party on Friday night and a New Year's celebration to go to on Sunday.

So to all of you out there, happy holidays, and may 2007 be a wonderful year for everyone!

1 comment:

RUTH said...

The beef sounds wonderful. I collected trolls too many. many years ago. Don't think I hit the 150 mark though! Have a really Happy New Year
Rx