Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Mauigirl's Meanderings

Mauigirl's Meanderings

Here I am, the second day of this blog. I am not sure I know what I am doing yet so will publish a short blurb for today. I am working from home today, my favorite thing to do. I get more done here than I do at work and it's so much better to be sitting here in my own house working instead of being in that soulless office. I do enjoy the people I work with but after doing this job for so many years none of it is new anymore and most of it is aggravating.

I was a Communications major in college but after a brief stint working on a humane society magazine for a year and then for a get-rich-quick publication company, neither of which paid enough, I ended up in the corporate world. I do research on brands, and it was interesting for awhile but now I'd really like to get into doing something I enjoy and feel does some good in the world. I'd like to get back into working to help animals, or the environment, or historic preservation. Helping elderly people would also be up my alley. Two more years and I would have the option of retiring and collecting a pension, which may be enough to help me get into something that pays less but is more meaningful to me. I don't like to wish my life away but I am looking forward to that opportunity.

No comments: