Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Belated thanks for a lovely award!


D.K. Raed of Redheaded Wisdom bestowed the "Arte y Pico" award on me a couple of weeks ago, so I wanted to thank her for the honor and pass it along to some other deserving bloggers!

This award, which originated in Spain, is given to bloggers who inspire others with their creative energy and talents no matter whether it be in the form of writing, artwork, design, interesting material, or contributions to the blogger community. When a blogger receives this award, it is considered a special honor and, once presented to you, it is to be passed on to 5 other bloggers who meet the criteria. So first, let me thank D.K. Raed for the honor, and now go into the rules of the award:

These are the rules for keeping the nominations going forward. The newest recipient must:
1) Do a post naming 5 blogs for this award with a link to each blog;
2) Notify each blog you awarded by leaving them a comment;
3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award;
4) The award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the original link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award; and,
5) Do a blog post showing these rules.

So far I think I've done everything except list the 5 new awardees. So here goes - since many of the blogs I read have already received this award, I am going to concentrate on some blogs that focus on poetry, writing, art or photography, since this is a kind of unusual award and I thought I'd branch out a bit in spreading the link love. So here are my five:

1) Odessa over at Freefalling Me blogs about her life in San Francisco, and posts lovely pictures, and poetry in an eclectic mix that is always engaging.

2) Ruth at Ruth's Visions and Revisions. Ruth writes about her experiences and reflects on them with a wider vision - seeing the parables that occur in our daily lives. She also posts lovely pictures and is a gardener, sharing her life with her readers.

3) CR over at Little Bang Theory. Fantastic photography and commentary mixed with an occasional dash of politics.

4) Two Crows and Mary Ellen over at All That Is. Two Crows has been posting for quite awhile now on the progression of the soul via reincarnation. If you have an interest in this philosophy, check it out - it's fascinating. Mary Ellen also has some great posts on the Catholic Church. Go, read, think...

5) Randal over at L'ennui Melodieux for his great blog full of satirical, astute commentary and great pictures.

So that's it - congratulations to the deserving awardees!

Update: I just noticed Randal already has this award on his sidebar - what the heck, so I've awarded him again! He's worth awarding twice!

11 comments:

two crows said...

thank'ee kindly, Mauigirl!
I'm honored. and such good company you put me with. :)

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Thank you so much. I feel honored.

Odessa said...

thanks Mauigirl, i'm honored. i'll put this up on my blog. ;)

D.K. Raed said...

Well I STILL say you are looking fab in that blue gown! And you really got into the true spirit, since it was originally an artistic award. Now you've given us some different blogs to check out, too. I still don't know how to translate the award's name. Art & Beak (like a rooster beak)? Art & Peak (like a mtn top)? Art and some kind of sharp pointy object? Whatever it means, it's a lovely statue.

The Cunning Runt said...

Aw Gurrrl, this is humbling - just look at the stellar group you lumped me in with! Thank you for your kind words and this beautiful award, though I feel somewhat short of deserving. I mean, I don't even know what to do with it or how to pass it on, 'cause you know, I'm an e-spaz.

Really.

So I'm just going to say "thank you" from the bottom of my heart (as opposed to the heart of my bottom) and check out the other recipients you named off.

Again, thanks!

Mauigirl said...

You were all very deserving! Hope you all enjoy exploring each other's blogs if you haven't already seen them!

D.K., I think it means something like peak of art (From the Spanish translation into English which is a little bit flakey!).

Randal Graves said...

Merci! That's the best part about these awards, finding new blogs that cuts into the amount of time I have to spend earning my paycheck. ;-)

HopSkipJump said...

Know I've been MIA and that this comment has nothing to do with your posting... but... in case you're interested, our travel blog is up and running while we're away. Peace - IF

www.ahopskipandajump.blogspot.com

Larry said...

Congrats Mauigirl and good choices you have made.

Dorothy said...

Congragulations to a committed and hard working lady who wants to see a great future for all of us.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Diane M. Roth said...

love the cat picture!