Friday, April 24, 2009
Many thanks to Marie at the Attentive Aphorist for this "Honest Weblog" award! I am honored!
As part of the award, there is a meme.
These are the rules:
1.You must brag about the award
2.You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to the blogger
3.You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
4.Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog.
5.List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself.
Then pass it on with the instructions!
So here are my 10 honest things about myself!
1. I bowled on my company bowling league for 14 years and had an average as high as 142 at one time.
2. I am known for being perpetually late for everything, particularly work in the morning. Morning is not my best time.
3. Nothing upsets me more than hearing about someone abusing an animal. I admit I literally would want to kill the person who did it. Luckily I don't have that opportunity since I'm usually reading about it in the paper or on a website. But if I ever caught someone, watch out.
4. I am most happy when I'm outdoors in nice weather, and tend to hibernate in the cold, gray winter days. I become less social and less apt to want to leave the house. Then as soon as spring comes I am a new person.
5. I love old houses and am a big supporter of historic preservation. I especially love old houses with stories to them. Ghosts are OK too.
6. I was so nearsighted as a child that I remember thinking to myself, "I don't know why they bother putting signs at the side of the road; nobody can read them." Luckily they figured it out when I was around 10 and I got glasses.
7. I have always been the kind of person who tries to stay in touch with all her friends and even former boyfriends. So I love all the new "social media" such as Facebook. I re-connected on Facebook with my really good friend from my earliest childhood. We hadn't been in touch for over 40 years. I am also still in touch with my best friend from 8th grade, and with my 4 closest high school friends, and several college friends, as well as work friends that have moved on to other endeavors.
8. I am lazy. Yes, I admit it. If it's something I am really into, I'll work my butt off. But if it's something I don't want to do? I'm bad. I procrastinate and hope someone else does it or it will go away. These things include projects I don't want to do at work, or walking the dog in the rain, or many forms of housework. DH complains he is always doing the dishes. Of course I DO do the laundry. I'm not totally useless. But I could do more, and I'm trying to correct my tendencies!
9. I love the smell of dog toes and ears. They smell strangely comforting, kind of like Fritos. I don't think I could sleep without my dog in the bed.
10. One of my favorite memories of my father is that when we lived up near Rochester, New York, he used to take me to classical concerts at the Eastman Theater on Thursday nights. I think sometimes it was just the two of us and other times my mother would come too. I remember we saw Vladimir Horowitz play the piano once.
So, that's my 10 honest things. Now, on to the awards. The following bloggers get this award! Looking forward to their 10 honest statements.
The ever-brilliant Randal
Annette over at Just My Little Piece of the World
DCap at Distributorcap NY
Fran at Ramblings
Robert Rouse over at Left of Centrist
Sue J at Nailing Jello to the Wall.