Saturday, March 17, 2007

I think I'm a Blog-a-holic

But I'm not trying to quit. I just started another new blog - a travel blog. The one I always meant to start, Marvelous Meanderings. Except it was going to be a travel newsletter. DH and I had talked about doing this back in the late 80's before the Internet had been invented by Al Gore.

Of course now hard-copy newsletters are so 20th century...so what else could I do but start blogging one instead?

This blog will be fun since DH will be participating as well. I'll be doing the actual blogging (since I type 90 words a minute and he is, ummm, typing challenged, shall I say?) But he will be helping with the writing. We had often talked about what we'd put in our newsletter and we even had a motto all picked out..."Ask one of us, we've been there." We thought it would make a good travel agency motto too, except those too have pretty much gone the way of the snail mail newsletter in this age of on line bookings.

The first entry, not surprisingly given our recent trip there, will be on Adelaide, South Australia, but so far I just have the introductory post up. Check it out now and then check back in a few days for the first real post! http://www.mauigirlsmarvelousmeanderings.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

RUTH said...

You're as bad as me; I've got 5 now, or is it 6??? Will pop over and visit your travel one when I've a bit more time....busy weekend :-)

Hootin Anni said...

Hi...
Just wanted you to know I was here to see if you've added the graphic or the javascript for Blogger over 50.

When you have it on your sidebar, linked, then I will add your blog to the blogroll

Click here and then scroll down to get javascript. [copy and paste to your sidebar]

Mauigirl said...

Thanks, Hootin'anni! I hadn't been able to figure out how to find the java script before and now I found it. I've added the blogroll to my sidebar.

Ruth, you make me feel better; I don't have five yet! But I'm sure it's only a matter of time! You start one, with a certain theme, and then realize you can't mix in the other stuff because it doesn't fit, so you have to start one with a specific subject theme. Then you realize there are other specific subjects that you're interested in, and the pattern begins!