I like alliteration, did you notice?
Ruth has tagged me for another meme - fair exchange, after all! I'm not going to tag anyone on this as I'm running out of likely suspects. So whoever reads this and wants to participate in this meme, just write me a comment and let me know so I can see it on your blog!
This one is easy: Name 5 pet peeves that you have.
This is so easy for me because I once wrote down every pet peeve I had about driving. Although I can't seem to find the list, I think I remember enough to choose my top 5 of all time! Here goes:
- Pet Peeve #1: When you're driving behind someone who is poking along at about 10 miles per hour below the speed limit, and just as you get to a light that is turning yellow, they slow down enough to make you miss the light, but they suddenly speed up and get through it while you sit there fuming.
- Pet Peeve #2: When you're driving along, minding your own business, at a nice clip, and someone suddenly pulls out from a side road, cutting you off with little room to spare, and proceeds to go 10 miles an hour below the speed limit. Oh, and on top of that, there was no one behind you for miles and they could've just waited until you went by to pull out.
- Pet Peeve #3: When you are late for a meeting, and it never fails that it is THAT day that a road is blocked off, the traffic is piled up, the police are checking inspection stickers, a lane is closed, you get stuck behind a schoolbus that stops at every other house, or there's an accident on the highway. Sometimes all of the above. If you weren't late, none of these things would have happened.
- Pet Peeve #4: People who tailgate you when you are in the fast lane going 85 miles per hour.
- Pet Peeve #5: Buses. As you're driving along a crowded road in the middle of a downtown area, the bus that is pulled over to the side of the road picking up passengers completes its task and proceeds to pull back out into the road without any regard to your car's existence.
It's all enough to give me Road Rage!